Quality Engineer (#8871) - IL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located in IL.
Develops, applies and maintains quality recruitments and standards for the development and manufacture of fasteners in support of company goals and objectives. ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001and VDA standards as well as customer specific requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Primary resource within the plant for all issues pertaining to the quality of the product from incoming inspection of raw material to final inspection of finished parts.
• Maintain all quality records and documentation in support of the plant in accordance with the company’s quality manual and specific customer requirements.
• Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
• Ensure proper inspections have been performed to ensure product quality. This will include the inspection of incoming material as well as in process and final inspection of completed product.
• Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, and test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
• Assist in process certification.
• Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
• Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
• Review customer purchase orders and specifications, change requests and contracts and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in the quality and process plans.
• Review suppliers’ purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements if required.
• Conduct internal quality environmental audits in accordance with ISO/TS 16949 requirements and ISO 14001.
• Interface with supplier and customer quality representative concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
• Maintain calibration records for all test equipment within the departments if required.
• Be available on short notice for customer or supplier visit.
• Follow ISO/TS, safety, and environmental procedures as well as department and corporate policies and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of ISO9001/TS16949, ISO14001 requirements including implementation and standard operation procedures.
• Diverse knowledge of inspection control methods, techniques and documentation.
• Understand the processes and flow in an efficient and productive manufacturing environment.
• Strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
• Must be able to multi-task and establish priorities, maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments, and maintain level of organization in a changing and fast paced environment.
• Ability to travel, possibility overnight, often with last minute notice to customer and vendor sites.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with complex metal parts or equivalent.