Quality Engineer (#8822) - OH
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located in OH.
Summary: General summary of duties are responsible for supporting the company’s Quality program for both internal and external customers on existing and future processes. This position will participate in process improvement and APQP related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review of inspection of product for conformance to specifications and standards
2. Follow up and improve on established methods to reduce inspection time during job setup
3. Understanding of ISO/TS 16949 certification process and ongoing implementations.
4. Professional interaction with customer and vendor contacts. Be positively involved with reinforcing supplier development.
5. Review and analyze nonconformance data, lead problem solving teams, while supporting production in a manufacturing environment.
6. Participate/Lead Lean Six Sigma activities, report out and follow up on planned verses actual activity.
7. Oversee PPAP’s, calibration and control plans.
- Experience in reading and interpreting specifications of basic GD&T. Demonstration of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Gage R&R, internal auditing, and inspection sheets required
- Knowledge of inspection and quality measurement devices, including micrometers, calipers, & height gauge. General understanding of CMM using PC-DMIS
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Understanding of Six Sigma tools, application experience preferred.
- Experience in metal stamping process using progressive and transfer tooling, MIG welding, and resistance welding preferred
Education/ Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Operations Management strongly preferred. Previous quality management in a volume metal stamping environment strongly preferred.