Quality Engineer (#8739) - VT
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located in VT.
Seeking a candidate with ISO 9001 & ISO/TS (IATF) 16949 auditing experience as well as solid knowledge of automotive quality requirements. Progressive die tooling and metal stamping experience is preferred.
Attributes (in order of importance):
1. Maintaining an ISO 9001 / TS 16949 system, including auditing
2. Comfortable training others in concepts of core tools FMEAs, Control Plans, PPAPs, MSA
3. Reading and interpreting prints, metrology
4. Understanding of progressive die tooling
5. Reliability Principals including SPC, Statistics and DOE analysis
6. Process control including setting up routing, production inspection plans and operator work instructions
7. Exposure to / understanding of material specifications including hardness scales
8. Supplier quality, including auditing
9. Lean manufacturing principals
10. Six Sigma knowledge
11. Knowledge of TWI training programs
12. Creating Layered Process Audits
13. Environmental regulation knowledge such as RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, California Prop 65
The ideal candidate would have a strong background in metal stamping and progressive dies and be familiar with a job shop atmosphere. They would also be good at passing on knowledge and an understanding of quality requirements and quality disciplines to others.Apply for this position.