Quality Engineer (#8658) - CT
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located in CT.
The individual interacts with all functional levels within the facility while helping to perform the following quality assurance responsibilities: Gage Design, Process Review, APQP , DOE, PPAP and control plan creation and any other inspection responsibilities required by the QA Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform calibration duties and program.
- Root cause analysis and implementation using tools such as 8-D and 5-Why methodologies
- Ability to perform complex Layout Inspections.
- Supplier management experience, conduct supplier audits and close out actions
- Support the quality inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Develop inspection instructions and associated documentation to ensure consistent and accurate inspection of products by inspectors and manufacturing personnel.
- Apply statistical methodology to analyze test data.
- Provide recommendations to the QA Manager regarding measurement techniques to both streamline and improve repeatability and reproducibility of inspections.
- Handle special projects assigned by QA Manager and Engineering Department.
- At least five years experience in the Quality Engineering or high level layout inspections, preferably in a metal stamping environment
- Good command of ANSI Y 14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing interpretation with practical application for functional gages.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2000 and/or ISO/TS 16949:2002 and/or ISO 13485
- Must be able to interpret test results, including the clear and effective communication of these results to skilled tool and die makers and engineering personnel.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Training in AIAG manuals APQP, MSA, FMEA, SPC, and PPAP
- Experience in programming/operation of RAM Optical 3-Axis Non-Contact CMM
- Experience in programming/operation of OGP Smartscope CMM
- Experience Gage Design
- Certified Quality Technician