Quality Control Technician (#9317) - Tennessee
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Technician.
Quality Control Technician – Precast and Pipe
Under the direction of the General Manager main function is to verify that the product produced in the plant meets quality standards necessary to conform to specifications.
- Responsible for verifying that the product conforms to quality control specifications.
- Responsible for ACI testing in the plant.
- Performs work according to specification sheets and forwards to supervisors as needed.
- Performs necessary testing on aggregate material, mixed concrete & final product strength.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product, quality, and reliability.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality in order to maintain customer relations.
- Will perform clean-up work as necessary to keep tools, equipment, and working areas clean, orderly, and safe.
- Must comply with company safety rules and regulations and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing
- Exposure to dust, noise, and extreme temperatures
- Have certification, or be able to obtain, state QC certification within 6 months of hire
- ACI & ACPA pipe school certification
- Must have QC experience in the concrete industry
- Microsoft products
- Self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to communicate clearly with plant personnel, management, and auditing agencies