Quality Control Technician (#8699) - TN
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
- Providing technical support to plant operations and act as a liaison between dispatch and our clients.
- Manage, Lead, and work with our QC Field representatives
- Mix Design Optimization for concrete block
- Analytical focus on break data: early tests (3-7 days), through full cure
- Must be able to deal with technical issues by exhausting all means of handling problems at the block manufacturing plants and on jobsites.
- Must communicate well with clients by offering practical solutions by using troubleshooting methods to solve technical issues.
- Must work continuously on an issue until completion and follow-up and be sure issues are resolved and clients are satisfied. Communicate effectively with other field reps, managers, departments, and customers regarding the nature and status of any quality issues.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring problems to find permanent solutions.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and optimism via verbal communications with co-workers and clients.
- Education and Experience Min of 5 years of related experience or training in the masonry block field is required; particularly with materials, mix designs, and mix optimization.
- Materials Expert; with credibility and authority to make changes and decisions on mix designs Aptitude for software applications and technology; we are a technology-forward company
- Experience with Labsys, Jonel, Archer Batching systems, Besser & Columbia machines are all a "plus" Ability to perform concrete tests and troubleshoot technical issues at block manufacturing plants and on jobsites
- Must be a Materials Expert; with credibility and authority to make changes and decisions on mix designs ACI Concrete Tech I certification is required.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work day and night including weekends. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, and communicate effectively for long hours in a construction environment.
- Must be willing to travel to include overnights