Quality Control Managers (#8058) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Precast / Prestress Quality Control Managers are needed in IL, IN, KY.
IMMEDIATE NEED: Quality Control Managers for multiple locations in IL, IN, KY.
- Plan, schedule and direct all ongoing quality control requirements, including the assignment of personnel and equipment, to complete the necessary quality control measurements and reports.
- Identification, examination, acceptance, plant testing of materials and subassemblies such as steel plates and their anchorage.
- Inspect and record tensioning.
- Inspect beds and forms prior to concrete.
- Check dimensions of members, number, size and position of tendons, reinforcing steel, other incorporated materials, openings, blockouts, etc.
- Regular inspection of batching, mixing, placing compaction, finishing and curing of concrete.
- Preparation of concrete specimens for testing and performance of tests for slump, air content, cylinder strength, aggregate gradations, cement, strand, rebar, etc.
- Inspect operations of detensioning, product removal from beds, handling and storage.
- Final inspection of finished product prior to; shipment, e.g. monitoring dimensions, camber, blockouts, embedments and finishes.
- Inspect products that are purchased from suppliers to ensure conformance with required standards.
- Maintain and utilize a record keeping system for procedures listed.
- Prepare quality reports for submission to architects and engineers as required by specifications.
- Maintain appropriate records and files to comply with all standards of the industry and any certifying agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous management experience required
- Current ACI & PCI Level I and II Certification.
- PCI Level III strongly desired.
- Ability to read blueprints, production and erection drawings is required.
- Good communication and leadership skills are essential for this position.