Quality Control Manager - Concrete (#9640) - Tennessee
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Quality Control Manager in Tennessee.
The Quality Control Manager facilitates the production of high quality architectural and structural precast concrete products, including inspection, sampling, and testing. Applies experience and sound judgment to ensure all components are manufactured to the highest of standards, and to create a culture among employees on the shop floor that revolves around safety, quality, and continuous improvement. Works closely with the production and engineering departments to prevent problems from occurring and to solve them when they do occur.
MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL CONCRETE EXPERIENCE TO APPLY
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals. Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures.
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with others to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Provides inspection activity for product throughout the production cycle.
- Directs quality control inspections and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Designs and implements quality control training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Communicates with engineers concerning questions or problems with drawings or details.
- Prepares company for Precast Concrete Institute (PCI) Audit every 6 months.
- When requested by Plant Manager, participate in GC, Architect, and Owner plant visits and perform plant tours.
- Conducts research and development as needed.
- Involved in pre-production meeting(s) with engineering staff.
- Participates in the casting of mock-up panel.
- Reviews orders-to-proceed and erection drawings of upcoming jobs, noting any unusual details, communicating information to production teams.
- Submit concrete mix designs.
- Manages quality control activity and coordinates daily responsibilities.
- Fresh Concrete Tests
- Pre-pour Inspections
- Post-pour Inspections
- Cured Concrete Testing
- Embed Inspection
- Aggregate and Cement Receiving
- Tracks sample fabrication.
- Reviews stressing calculations.
- Inspects panels in the yard, noting appearance and overall quality, making sure needed repairs are made.
- Work with production daily on improving overall quality by communicating observations.
- Provide support to Engineering Department as required.
- Reviews drawings of pieces to be produced daily.
- Keeps records of all materials received and panels produced and produces quality control reports.
- Responds to customer or engineering requests.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific, or construction-related discipline from 4-year College or university; and 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Quality Assurance.
- Advanced math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret Building Code requirements.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret architectural and engineering documents.
- PCI Level III / ACI Certifications
- Solid understanding of plant practices and quality control procedures.
- Ability to identify and solve color/texture/pouring issues.
- Ability to identify and participate in the solution for repeat casting problems.
- Ability to diagnose and remedy concrete strength or consistency problems.
- Must be skilled in using computer and Excel and Word software.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Analytical Thinking: Understands how to work within a business management system. Ability to read architectural and commercial blueprints. Ability to do mental math quickly and calculate new formulas for improved performance. Aptitude to learn and apply new technologies.
Leadership: Able to motivate others to take personal responsibility; mobilize people to face, define, and solve problems; develop capacity of others to adapt to change; lead past status quo to achieve new levels of excellence or change.
Motivation: Able to present information or new ideas in such a way that others get excited; use a positive approach to motivate others at any level of the organization.
Strategic Perspective: Able to develop long-term, big picture strategies to enhance competitiveness; recognize broad implications of issues; balance and integrate strategic vision with day-to-day activities.
Decisiveness: Able to use available information to draw a timely conclusion and take quick and timely action; make quick and timely decisions in stressful situations and when necessary.
Team Building: Able to develop team effort; confront negative attitudes to build commitment and morale; get facts with competing perspectives to learn from one another; integrate efforts and talents of team members.
Commitment / Diligence: Able to persevere in accomplishing tasks or objectives; commit to long hours of work; do everything possible to reach goals; have a sense of urgency about getting results.
Prioritizing: Able to quickly focus on what is important; establish a sequence of tasks and completion dates; set priorities and allocate time and resources when faced with competing demands.Apply for this position.