Quality Control Manager (#10208) - Pacific Northwest
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a quality manager.
• Ensure outgoing finished products meet quality standards through inspection and audit processes.
• Effectively communicate customer complaints and internal quality issues to production personnel
• Facilitate, clarify and educate quality standards to production personnel
• Perform first piece evaluation on new product based on applicable documentation
• Develop and update Quality Plans to enhance inspection activities
• Develop, train and supervise inspection programs, including sampling and testing of in-process and finished goods to ensure product conformance to specification
• Perform measuring equipment calibration
• Represent and promote our customer’s expectations with regard to quality within our facility
• Perform data and trend analysis to provide feedback to operation for continuous improvement
• Investigate, research and work with customers and employees to reduce/eliminate defects
• Facilitate root cause analysis and problem solving initiatives
• Implement, audit and maintain Quality System within the facility
• The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of manufacturing experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role.
• Post-Secondary education in a related field - A.S.Q. certification is an asset
• Experience in an Aluminum Extrusion Operation, while not a pre-requisite, is a decided asset.
• Familiar with measuring equipment such as: caliper, protractor, depth gage, Video Measuring machine
• Knowledge and implementation experience of ISO 9001 Quality Systems, audit experience is an asset
• Exceptional root cause analysis and problem skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written a must
• Highly self-motivated and organized
• Computer literate, capable of working with MS office