Quality Control Manager (#9592) - Mississippi
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
We're searching for a Quality Control Manager in Mississippi.
The Quality Control Manager facilitates the production of high-quality precast concrete products, including inspection, sampling, and testing. Applies experience and sound judgment to ensure all components are manufactured to the highest of standards, and to create a culture among employees on the shop floor that revolves around safety, quality, and continuous improvement. Works closely with the production and engineering departments to prevent problems from occurring and to solve them when they do occur.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures and directs testing and inspection activities; leading employees who perform these tasks.
- Directs the daily inspection of concrete batching, mixing, handling, placing, consolidating, and finishing.
- Directs the inspection and verification of product dimension, quantity and location of reinforcement and embedded items, form and mold adequacy and layout, and other production related items.
- Designs and implements quality control training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Communicates with engineers concerning questions or problems with drawings or details.
Manages quality control activity with QC team and coordinates daily responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Construction Engineering or minimum 3 years of Quality Control experience.
- Previous QC Management experience required.
- Advanced math skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret architectural and engineering documents.
- ACI & PCI Certifications
- Solid understanding of precast/prestressed plant practices and quality control procedures.
- Must be skilled in using computer and Excel and Word software.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.