Quality Control Manager (#9559) - OR
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a quality control manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Quality Manager will assume responsibility for installing, developing and maintaining the Quality Operating system in the facility. Specific responsibilities will focus on ensuring that products meet customer quality standards, identifying and analyzing deviations , ensuring corrective action is implemented, and providing timely feedback to stakeholders.
General duties are to:
• Ensure outgoing finished products meet quality standards through inspection and audit processes.
• Effectively communicate customer complaints and internal quality issues to production personnel
• Facilitate, clarify and educate quality standards to production personnel
• Perform first piece evaluation on new product based on applicable documentation
• Develop and update Quality Plans to enhance inspection activities
• Develop, train and supervise inspection programs, including sampling and testing of in-process and finished goods to ensure product conformance to specification
• Perform measuring equipment calibration
• Represent and promote our Customer' s expectations with regard to quality within our facility
• Perform data and trend analysis to provide feedback to Operation for continuous improvement
• Investigate, research and work with Customers and employees to reduce/eliminate defects
• Facilitate root cause analysis and problem solving initiatives
• Implement, audit and maintain Quality System within the facility
• The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of manufacturing experience with a minimum of 2 years experience in a Quality Assurance role.
• Post secondary education in a related field - A.S.Q. certification is an asset
• Experience in an Aluminum Extrusion Operation, while not a pre-requisite, is a decided asset.
• Familiar with measuring equipment such as: caliper, protractor, depth gage, Video Measuring machine
• Knowledge and implementation experience of ISO 900 I Quality Systems, audit experience is an asset
• Exceptional root cause analysis and problem skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written a must
• Highly self-motivated and organized
• Computer literate, capable of working with MS office