Quality Control Manager (#8354) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
• Responsible for the development of quality control policies and procedures.
• Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures and directs testing and inspection activities; leading employees who perform these tasks.
• Works with the Production Manager to ensure state DOT requirements and specifications are understood and communicated to appropriate personnel.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating QSM Manual.
• Meets with inspectors and customers to periodically review progress, resolve issues and maintain good relationships.
• Develops and implements quality control training programs.
• Prepares company for various types of audits.
• Works closely with Quality Control Team to remedy general production issues such as color/texture/pouring issues, casting problems, concrete strength issues and other processes as needed to ensure product meets quality standards.
• Responsible for all quality control equipment with regard to maintaining the inventory, inspections and ensuring that calibrations occur as required.
• Monitors and maintains departmental certifications for personnel with regards to PCI and ACI.
• Responsible for the generation and implementation of standard operating procedures.
• Supervises Quality Control Team Leaders, including but not limited to training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Manages housekeeping to ensure a safe working environment. Ensures that housekeeping initiatives and standards are met.
• Provides conflict resolution of complex employee issues.
• Continually and actively seeks to learn new skills and progress in level of knowledge and responsibility.
• Actively looks for ways to improve processes, reduce errors, increase efficiencies and create cost savings.
• Minimum of 3 years of Quality Control experience required.
• Thorough understanding of precast plant practices and quality control procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret job specifications and code requirements.
• Must possess current ACI Certification as well as current PCI Level 3 certification.
• Prior experience dealing with various mix design concepts, preferably in a precast environment.