Quality Assurance Manager (#8986) - OR
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for a Metal Stamping facility located in OR.
This position is designed to oversee Quality Assurance for this facility, including program implementation, adherence and issue resolution. This position will supervise all QA personnel.
• Plans, organizes and directs quality program to meet company objectives.
• Oversees key quality projects, quality performance reports, data and analysis.
• Key contact for customers on quality programs and issues.
• Selects, develops, and supervises quality staff.
• Acts as ISO 9001/TS16949/AS9100 Management Representative.
• Ensures processes and procedures needed for compliance with ISO 9001/TS16949/AS9100 requirements are established, implemented and maintained.
• Monitors and reports on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement.
• Ensures promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
• Organizes quality auditing activities.
• Coordinates document and data control program.
• Monitors nonconformance reporting including corrective and preventive action program.
• Resolves quality issues with vendors and customers.
• Organizes and leads monthly Management Review meetings.
• Updates charts for monthly plant meeting and presents quality slides.
• Processes customer warranty claims.
• Trains, coaches, and manages employee performance within department.
• Trains employees on quality policies and procedures, and enforces compliance.
• Monitors equipment calibration program maintained by quality staff.
• Works with accounting to process credits/debits with reference to warranty issues.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• 7+ year’s quality experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment.
• Proven personnel management or leadership experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, engineering, business administration or other related program; or a combination of applicable coursework and experience.
ESSENTIAL TRAINING/SPECIAL SKILLS:
• Understanding of manufacturing quality standards (ISO/TS/AS).
• PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Access and Email.
• Documentation – print interpretation, GDT, graphing.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and dimensional measurement methods.
• SPC – data collection, statistical analysis and conclusion.
• Proficient in the use of micrometers, calipers, and optical comparators.
BENEFICIAL EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Active ASQ membership.
• ASQ Certification as CQE or CQMgr.
• Understanding of Auto CAD, SolidWorks, and Pro-Engineer program.
• Experience with PPAPs.
• Skilled in the use of a CMM.
• Inspection fixture design.