QC Technician (#10700) - New York, Nation-Wide
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking a QC Tech in New York.
Under the direction of the General Manager main function is to verify that the product produced in the plant meets quality standards necessary to conform to specifications.
- Responsible for verifying that the product conforms to quality control specifications.
- Responsible for ACI testing in the plant.
- Performs work according to specification sheets and forwards to supervisors as needed.
- Performs necessary testing on aggregate material, mixed concrete & final product strength.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product, quality, and reliability.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality in order to maintain customer relations.
- Will perform clean-up work as necessary to keep tools, equipment, and working areas clean, orderly, and safe.
- Must comply with company safety rules and regulations and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have certification, or be able to obtain, state QC certification within 6 months of hire
- ACI 1 & 2
- DRY CAST
- Must have QC experience in the concrete industry
- Microsoft Suit proficiency
- Self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to communicate clearly with plant personnel, management, and auditing agencies