PSM Compliance Specialist (#8051) - Midwest US
Industry: Design and Construction
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Industry: Transportation and Distribution
Industry: Warehousing and Logistics
Responsible for providing expert technical consulting to customers on OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM), EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) and General Duty Clause compliance.
Position Title: PSM Compliance Specialist
Reports To: PSM Services Manager
Responsible for providing expert technical consulting to customers on OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM), EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) and General Duty Clause compliance. Support and develop the PSM Services processes to advance Bassett’s PSM/RMP Services to support our customers.
Establish and maintain ongoing PSM consulting activities with new and existing customers as assigned. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of PSM compliance consulting projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within the designated time frame and project budgets.
• Provide education and technical support for customer development of new or improvements to existing PSM (Process Safety Management) programs as they relate to ammonia refrigeration systems.
• Prepare written PSM programs, policies and procedures (SOP’s) within regulatory and industry code requirements to assist with customer PSM program development.
• Conduct compliance audits and facilitate Process Hazard Analysis’ of customer facilities, prepare audit/PHA reports and recommend appropriate action to correct deficiencies found during audits/PHA.
• Support and provide PSM-related and ammonia awareness training to customers.
• Act as a technical expert for the company, both for internal and external customers with regard to Process Safety Management for ammonia refrigeration systems.
• Partner with the PSM Services Manager to communicate with customers in the form of proposals, meetings and presentations to understand and define their needs. Understand and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written.
• Coordinate and support the assembly of process safety information for the customer refrigeration systems as needed according to project scope. Assist drafters in developing system P & ID updates.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
• Overall responsibility to coordinate preparation of all documentation for project.
• Required to answer to multiple customers assigned and maintain strong customer relationships.
• Assist PSM Services Manager with promoting the PSM services through external company communication sources.
• Support and maintain a Lean work environment.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Summary of Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree related to construction, project management or engineering OR extensive experience in Ammonia Refrigeration.
• At least 5 years of refrigeration industry experience in commercial/industrial markets; PSM experience preferred.
• Ability to understand and analyze mechanical and refrigeration systems.
• Strong communication skills, verbal & written (ability to write letters, proposals, etc.).
• Excellent customer relations skills.
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office components.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills
• Physical ability to access job sites, including some climbing
• Familiar with and capable of reading & interpreting construction drawings and specifications.