Project Manager / Estimator (#8536) - Dallas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
GC seeking motivated and professional Project Manager / Estimator
Project Manager General Description:
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, and project budget management, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The construction project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management: Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Subcontractor Bid Awards, Contract Administration, and Safety Management
Responsibilities may include:
• Represent company in a positive manner in all project meetings attended.
• Oversee the construction project from start to finish Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
• Establish project team, develop the objectives and goals for each team member and monitor progress.
• Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of project expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
• Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
• Collaborate with subcontractors and vendors to address the requirements of the project.
• Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
• Maintain positive working relationship with client and Architect and/or Engineer.
• Regular inspection of construction sites.
• Identify any elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes or claims.
• Review project documents for completeness.
• Capable of driving long distances to visit project sites and is capable of walking project sites, including the demands of ladders, uneven terrain, and other outdoor challenges of weather.
• 25% field office and site environment.
• 75% office environment.
• College degree in Building Construction, Civil Engineering or related field.
• Minimum 5 years related experience with a General Contractor in the construction of Commercial Industrial and Office Facilities.
• Excellent knowledge of design and construction matters.
• Excellent technical skills; understanding of computer software, hardware.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Work jointly with the project superintendent.
• Serve as a key link with the clients and review all information prepared by the team before passing onto client.
• Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub- contractors and laborers.
• Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
• Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
• Weekly/Monthly reporting to client.
• Prepare monthly Owner Pay Applications.
• Prepare monthly detailed Cost Projections.
• Review all subcontractor/vendor invoices for approval.
• Prepare all Owner Change Order Requests for review and approval by Owner.
• Prepare all subcontractor/ vendor change orders.
• Communicate with both written and verbal skill and carries themselves professionally in all meetings and interactions.
• Must be committed to contributing to a culture of SAFETY!!
• Ability to work extended hours as required by project related responsibilities.
• Transportation to and from jobsites.
• Meet Vision Standard: Ability to see 20/40 with both eyes together, with or without corrective lenses.
• Jobsite will involve exposure to varying noise and dust levels.
• Experience with light industrial tilt buildings a positive.
• Familiarity with Viewpoint software a positive.
• Proficient in plan take-off.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and Project.
• Ability to work independently or within group dynamic.
• Some travel required.
• Must be a self-motivated and a TEAM PLAYER!!