Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up Estimator (#7246) - Southeast
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Major Commercial Concrete Contractor Seeks Estimator
The ideal candidate must have a minimum 5 years direct experience in commercial concrete construction to join this leader in tilt-wall and commercial concrete construction. BS in Building Construction or equivalent preferred. Tilt-up experience is desired, vertical estimating experience is required. Must have ability to execute and schedule several projects simultaneously while performing detailed shop drawings. Must possess skills to maintain quality control throughout the project. Must be an exceptional communicator and have positive energy. Building and maintaining client relationships is an essential part of this position. Excellent salary and benefits package including 401K, bonus and car allowance.
Our commercial concrete client is growing and now hiring an experienced concrete estimator.
You will take off quantities and digitize drawings using On Screen Takeoff and input those quantities into the pricing spreadsheet. But we are looking for someone who can also:
o Meet with the operations team for a preliminary form work, hoisting, and logistics plan.
o Communicate with the client throughout the process to ensure our plan is also acceptable.
o Develop a critical path schedule and discuss the logic behind the sequence.
o Meet with form work suppliers to discuss their ideas for a more efficient cycle.
o Discuss rebar, and post tension quantities and variances with subcontractors.
o Analyze proposals and scopes of work from clients and subcontractors.
o Lead the internal estimate review meeting.
o Prepare client presentation materials. (Pour plan, form work plan, 3-D models etc…)
o Price and reconcile drawing changes from drawing set to drawing set.
o Ask questions and brainstorm for the best way to build a complex structure.
o Solicit input from others, and share “lessons learned” with the team.
o Attend post bid interviews as needed.
o Walk the job on occasion to receive feedback for future estimates.
- You are highly organized.
- You are thorough and detail-oriented.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels as well as with customers and vendors.
- You have the ability to visualize 2-D drawings in 3-D and explain your means and methods in simple terms.
- You are driven to learn more about the technical aspect of concrete construction.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent or you have been in the field for at least 2 years.
• Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in structural concrete estimating including vertical concrete.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Our client offers:
- Competitive salary and paid time off.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- 401k matching contribution.
- Your own office with a window.
- Covered parking.
- Reimbursement for courses and classes that are related to increasing your knowledge about concrete construction.
- The opportunity to work with the best professionals in the concrete construction industry.