Project Manager - Concrete (#9762) - Southern California
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Project Manager.
Provide overall management and assume full responsibility for assigned projects and interface with Client/Owner.
- Plans overall construction schedule and schedule development.
- Implementation of Project Control System.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within company policy.
- Manage and be responsible for financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income /expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with the client.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of field superintendents and site superintendent to ensure the project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate & resolve serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to field and site superintendents.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client/owner and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Participate as requested in the marketing, estimating, bidding and contract negotiations phases of assigned projects.
- Prepares and submit monthly progress reports and cost reports.
- Represent company/project in meetings with the client, subcontractors, unions, etc. as required.
Performs other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Four-year Construction Management or Engineering Degree or, equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Extensive (8) years or more experience in managing projects.
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems/computer software, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Timberline and Primavera software.