Project Manager - Concrete (#9733) - Atlanta / Tennessee
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Project Manager with Commercial Concrete Experience.
The Project Manager will act as a liaison between the Superintendent and clients & between the Superintendent and contractors/vendors. This person will be responsible for preparing/maintaining progress schedules, preparing monthly progress payments, preparing change orders, checking shop drawings, negotiating bids, and preparing cost and progress reports. This position will require a high degree of autonomy and decision making with respect to decisions that may ultimately affect the schedule and profitability of assigned projects.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Opportunity to work for a fast-growing company
- Be part of an organization that provides its employees with the opportunity to grow and be successful
Work for an innovative company that utilizes top of the line, high-quality equipment
- Negotiate various bid packages.
- Establish relationships with clients/subcontractors to enhance the ability to perform negotiated work.
- Recommend strategies to improve project profitability/quality & implement strategies as directed.
- Set-up schedules for work by establishing goals and priorities for daily work and long-range goals.
- Allocate all labor costs codes and apply accurate quantities put in place to proper cost codes to establish unit costs.
- Plot actual costs weekly against estimated costs, and identify cost deviation trends.
- Punch-outs, Close-outs, and Change orders.
- Analyzes job risks and develops solutions to eliminate those risks.
- Enforces safety with peers and subordinates.
- Ability to see projects through to completion on time and within budget.
Building and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
Working knowledge of construction equipment/techniques, drawing & specifications,
building materials and required standards applicable to discipline 2.
- 5 + years experience in the commercial concrete industry, will consider senior level.
- Experience with Excel and construction software/programs.
- Effective communication, leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Complete understanding of financial, scheduling, and risk management processes.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Attention to detail.
Desired Experience and Traits:
- Drafting ability (Auto CAD)
- Ability to be proactive