Project Manager - Concrete (#9352) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Project Manager Needed In Commercial Concrete
Our Client has an immediate opening for a commercial concrete Project Manager in Texas. This position is responsible for one job and has primary responsibility and accountability for the financial, schedule, quality and safety objectives for the project under their supervision. Primary responsibilities include contract administration, scheduling, planning, cost control and coordination with jobsite supervision to ensure that projects are constructed safely in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Coordinates with Superintendent regarding schedule, labor, equipment, subcontractors, material suppliers and construction means and methods to achieve efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Project Manager is also responsible for building effective relationships and problem-solving with the project team members, owners, subcontractors, and vendors. This position is usually field based. Successful candidates must display exceptional written and oral communication skills. Additionally, qualified candidates will need high level of analytical ability for project efficiency.
Salary range: $90K - $150K depending upon level of experience
• Insures that the project is performed safely while meeting the budget, schedule, quality standards and design specifications.
• Insures that materials are ordered and quantities maintained in a timely manner.
• Completes project billings in a timely manner.
• Coordinates with Project superintendent managing labor, equipment, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
• Manages pre-job planning and is responsible to organize pre-job turnover & planning meetings.
• Creates and maintains project schedule; plans, monitors and reviews critical path dates and milestone schedules.
• Acts as an interface between the company and the owner.
• Establishes project budgets and sets up the cost code system based on company policy
• Maintains Quality Control on assigned project
• Manages the activities of subs and suppliers
• Assists with claims and change orders.
• Prepares Subcontracts and Purchase Orders with appropriate support and oversight.
• Ensures that foremen and superintendents understand all subcontracts and purchase orders.
• Is responsible for all written submittals, project reviews and problem resolution with the owners, subcontractors & suppliers.
• Maintains a positive professional working relationship with owners, subcontractors, and vendors
• Proactively identifies cost and schedule related issues to the Superintendent and Vice President.
• Verifies and processes invoices from vendors.
• Provides job progress reports.
• Performs job close-out and furnishes final cost and labor productions to estimating department.
• Provides assistance to the estimating department as needed
• Manages and trains Project Engineers assigned to the project.
BS Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management required or related discipline and a minimum of five years field experience in commercial concrete construction, or equivalent work experience required.
- Field experience in Demolition, Heavy Civil and/or Heavy Highway construction project engineering to ensure sufficient knowledge of field operational issues.
- Prior work experience in structural and light commercial concrete required.
- Successful candidates must have the ability to interact and communicate effectively with others.
- The incumbent must have a working knowledge of Project Management, Scheduling & Experience in estimating.
- MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL CONCRETE EXPERIENCE
In addition, the incumbent must have:
• A relatively high level of analytical ability is required for project efficiency.
• Excellent computer skills required including Microsoft Office, Primavera P3, Suretrak and HCSS
• Ability to perform in high-stress situations.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Medical, including Employee Assistance Plan
• Prescription Drugs
• Vision Discount Plan
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off, Holidays, Jury Duty or Bereavement Leave
• Career Growth & Development