Assistant Project Manager (#9566) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for an Assistant Project Manager.
MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL CONCRETE EXPERIENCE TO APPLY
The Assistant Project Manager will act as a liaison between the Superintendent and clients and between the Superintendent and contractors/vendors. This person will be responsible for preparing and maintaining progress schedules, preparing monthly progress payments, preparing change orders, checking shop drawings, negotiating bids, and preparing cost and progress reports.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Opportunity to work for a fast-growing company.
- Be part of an organization that provides its employees with the opportunity to grow and be successful.
Work for an innovative company that utilizes top of the line, high-quality equipment.
- Negotiate various bid packages.
- Establish relationships with clients and subcontractors to enhance the ability to perform negotiated work.
- Recommend strategies to improve project profitability and quality and implement strategies as directed.
- Set up plans and schedules for work by establishing goals and priorities for daily work and long-range goals.
- Maintain accurate schedules.
- Allocate all labor costs codes and apply accurate quantities put in place to proper cost codes to establish unit costs, plot actual costs weekly against estimated costs, and identify cost deviation trends.
- Punch-outs and closeouts.
- Change orders
- Analyzes job risks and develops solutions to eliminate those risks.
Enforces safety with peers and subordinates.
- Ability to see projects through to completion on-time and within budget.
Building and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline 2.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Excel and construction software/programs.
- Effective communication, leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Complete understanding of financial, scheduling, and risk management processes.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Attention to detail.
Desired Experience and Traits:
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
Competitive base plus bonus potential.
- Short-Term Disability / Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time), etc.