Project Manager (#9265) - Mid-Atlantic
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Project Manager for a prominent Mid-Atlantic Architectural Precast Producer
The PM controls, manages, and coordinates all aspects of the project from cradle to grave. The PM will be responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of the precast construction process including monitoring the project through all internal aspects (drafting, engineering, molding, fabrication, installation), working & coordinating with architect/engineer, and managing the Customer & subcontractors. The PM will also work closely with our executive(s) on all tasks (particularly with procuring projects, negotiating contracts, & hiring subcontractors).
• Project Planning: Understanding and review of bid documents, construction drawings, specifications and scope available at award to identify high risk and out of the ordinary requirements. Review all project intelligence with respective departments, and identify, report and manage all potential risks proactively. Work with the detailer(s) on project documentation and schedule goals.
• Project Scheduling: Create, update, and manage project schedule with specific milestones required for Company success; meet with internal and external customers to collaborate on milestone schedule. Hold all parties accountable as required to maintain schedule.
• Project Reporting: Responsible for reporting project status to Executive(s) on a weekly basis. Acquire accurate project intelligence through all means available to provide project team with accurate timely information. Report exposure to lost profits, efficiency, and legal risk
• Contract (Change Order) Administration:
Ensure that the Company maintains compliance with contract terms throughout project. Responsible for generating, negotiating and administering change orders (both claims and disputes) to customer. Maintain change order log.
• Billing and Collections: Assist CFO with our monthly billing. Review and establish Project schedule of values, ensure projects are being billed accurately and timely. Work with our Executive(s) & CFO to ensure the project is in good standing (including retention).
• Customer Relations: Serve as a company representative with the responsibility to maintain customer relations, carefully managing the Customer relationship to ensure they receive the quality of product and service as well as ensure the Customer has a positive experience. Responsible for documenting and managing external communication on projects.
• Project Closeout: Manage punch list and field finishing to achieve final Customer acceptance. Submit required project close out documents and Collect final retention within terms of Contract. Prepare and facilitate project post-planning meetings to review wins, lessons learned and opportunities to improve process.
Education and Experience:
• Experience in construction project management - precast concrete experience preferred.
• College Education (preferably in a related field Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management)
• Must demonstrate ability to represent the company well with industry and professional peers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Continuous learner with a strategic problem-solving mindset.
• Ability to read/interpret construction documents and shop drawings.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize activities and meet established deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent computer skills required, proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience with AutoCAD (and Revit/Tekla) as well as document viewing software like Bluebeam.
• Ability to drive to & from & be mobile in either the plant or jobsite environment.
• The ability to work in outside conditions as required that can include inclement weather, heat and humidity, & exposure to dust