Project Manager (#9529)
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Show the commitment, knowledge and ability to adhere to company safety standards, and to maintain a safe workplace with no direct supervision;
• Leadership skills to lead a group or several groups;
• Complete various paperwork items for the project as required, including field training, quality control and safety forms.
• Be capable of forming and managing crews in the proper performance of all operations required of tank construction with no direct supervision;
• Have ample experience and familiarity with constructing a complete tank;
• Be able to read and understand company working drawings, with minimal assistance, so as to properly layout and construct a complete tank;
• Have the skill to meet, or beat, the company’s budgeted cost, time schedule and quality standards for complete tank construction with no direct supervision;
• Accurately perform required administrative functions with no direct supervision;
• Be capable of speaking and reading the English language to the extent necessary to meet the above-listed requirements;
• Prove to be loyal and honest to the company.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly and with limited supervision.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management directions; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, sketches, shipping lists, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with Area Manager, Project Engineer, and other team members.
Mathematical Skills: Basic skills: Ability to read a tape measure. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Basic skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must be knowledgeable of the company's Safety & Loss Control Program. Must exhibit knowledge of tank construction by obtaining a score of 98% or above on all field training tests.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk and hear; Exerting 50-100 lbs of force occasionally, and/ or 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and or 10/20 lbs. constantly to move objects. Vision requirements; Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance vision (clear at 20 feet or more); Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work environment can fluctuate from indoor and outdoor temperatures and weather conditions; Possibility of working near moving mechanical parts; Vibration; Hazardous waste; Fumes or airborne particles; Risk of electrical shock; Loud noise level.
Must be able to climb to heights of up to 100 feet with no rest platform and have the ability to properly use a safety harness.Apply for this position.