Project Manager (#9479) - Illinois
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Industry Leader Seeking Experienced Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all aspects of the company’s large, complex projects in a safe, timely and cost effective manner to meet or exceed the customers’ expectations.
Essential Job Functions
• Participate in the bid process and site review of potential projects.
• Review, understand and develop the proposed scope of work, estimate and milestone schedule.
• Initiate contact with customer along with Salesperson and Project Coordinator to review scope of work, ascertain schedule and define Company’s responsibility to the project.
• Organize and convene with Project Coordinator internal and external project kick-off meeting with all key personnel, including outside representatives, if necessary.
• Establish a project schedule with milestone dates and responsibilities for all appropriate departments within the Company.
• Select and coordinate subcontractors’ involvement in the scope of work; coordinate the timely issuance of contracts and subcontracts.
• Maintain effective internal and external communication with all appropriate parties.
• Continually monitor projects with the Project Coordinator to ensure adherence to the schedule and provide immediate response to any job changes or project issues. Ensure proper processing of scope change orders with the customer and subcontractors.
• Work with Department Mangers and Production Business Unit Leaders to manage and review job costs consistently. Provide Accounting Department with profit/loss projections. Provide Billing Department with accurate project status updates to ensure timely payment for work completed.
• Monitor subcontractors to record safety and performance metrics
• Organize the post erection function, with assistance from the Project Coordinator, per the general contractors schedule to ensure completion in accordance with contract documents.
• Collect and submit all warranty, O&M and as-built information to the customer and facilitate prompt project close-out.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architectural, Technical or a Construction Management field required; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
• Ten (10) years of experience in the construction industry with project management experience that includes exposure to field operations and customer contact required.
• Five (5) years of experience in fabrication, installation or management of precast projects.
• Ability to read and understand architectural and structural drawings and specifications required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required. Previous experience working in a leadership role preferred.
• Ability to handle multiple projects using effective planning and analytical skills desired.