Project Manager (#9218) - NY
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
We are currently seeking a Project Manager.
The Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate all activities on designated projects from the point of sale to completion to ensure that the projects are accomplished on time and in conformance with all the terms and conditions of the contracts. In addition, he/she will act as the main contact person for the customer and all vendors on a particular project. He/she is directly responsible for monitoring the project costs and compliance with contract documents, attending job meetings and protecting Companies interest throughout the entire process.
Additional responsibilities to include:
- Responsible for managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Reviews sales proposals to ensure proper estimating and staffing requirements, time frames and subcontracting opportunities.
- Upon Project assignment, shares responsibility with the Salesperson to hold a Turnover/Kick Off meeting at the point of sale to ensure all needed information and paperwork are complete; that the scope of work is clear; review the estimate and confirm values for all items; and begins the process of scheduling the project.
- Prepare any applicable Change Order Proposals in a timely manner, whether owner/client/architect.
- Monitors the progress and status of each assigned project as it moves through the process, and acts to problem solve proactively, offers technical advice, and assists other staff so as to expedite assigned projects, removes obstacles which may cause a project to fall behind schedule.
- Conducts site visits and works with the customer to ensure that all issues and needs which arise from the point of sale to completion of the project are resolved promptly, including but not limited to change orders, adjustments to schedule and collection activity as appropriate to each assigned project.
- Comfortable searching through Project Databases to find potential opportunities to quote.
- Purchasing and receiving the special items required for each order
- Managing the required submittals/approvals as required
- Communicate with the Transportation Manager on the initial delivery needs of the customer.
- Working with other project managers and the plant manager to manage the long term schedule in order to minimize conflicts with molds, labor, etc…
- 5+ years Project Management experience, ideally within the construction or precast concrete industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage several large to small, complex projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. *Civil Engineering preferred
- Ability to review and work from production schematics and engineering drawings
- Strong organizational and communication skills.