Project Manager (#8958) - GA
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a project manager with commercial billet and casting experience.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Work with account managers to win and launch new customers and products.
• Attend on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings.
• Material / Project Quoting – Congruent with SE Region Quote Processing, Pricing and Capability Guidelines. (SharePoint).
• Obtain quotes and coordinate initial PO’s to subcontract outsource vendors, i.e.: Painter, Anodizer, Fabricator, etc.
• Customer Purchase Order Processing including: Part Setup, Pricing, Order Entry, Order Acknowledgement; all within AS400-ISOM /Oracle Business Systems.
• Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs, clarify specific requirements and SE min. adders for each project.
• Contract Review- Project Specs- Initial review and assessment.
• Obtain metal contract agreements for large projects.
• Blocked Reserve and Current Lead Time Adherence and Communication.
• Communicates / Coordinates customer requirements with Customer Service Team, Commercial B&C process team, Planning and Plant Manufacturing Teams at the local and other plants.
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members to meet charter expectations.
• Initiate plant kick off meeting at project launch.
• Works closely with the Commercial B&C process team to ensure that the APQP and PFMA are completed before the first die arrives.
• Identify project issues & risks; develop and manage mitigating strategies prior to project launch.
• Host project calls with clients, account managers and others as needed to ensure an open line of communication, review expectations, results, progress and open issues.
• Prepares meeting minutes of coordination meetings between clients, contractors, and vendors.
• Complaint Reporting and Resolution- Compliant Pro and/or other plant specific NCR reporting and represent project during defined quality assurance reviews.
• Lead team meetings to help resolve project/quality issues, audit adherence to preventative actions.
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short, mid and long-term goals.
• Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
• At project completion meet with Commercial B&C Steering Committee to review budgetary objectives, actual results, KPI indicators and lesions learned to utilize to improve future projects.
• Follow company and Government processes and procedures as required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in project management and/or customer service experience, ideally in the Commercial B&C markets.
- Extrusion / Manufacturing Customer Service experience desirable.
- Commercial design and curtain wall project management experience highly preferred
- Familiarity with AS-400, SAP and/or Oracle, SharePoint, Complaint Pro, Gantt charts, Microsoft Project software, time management tools, CAD or blueprint reading and advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skill set.
- PMP Certification (desired but not required), knowledge of aluminum extrusion, finishing and packaging processes is a plus.
- Additional PM discipline certifications desired (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of die designs, correction technique’s, AAMA and AA standards is another plus.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in an organization.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Conflict Resolution.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Well organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Ability to direct and coordinate multiple project teams and achieve on-time delivery of project assignments.
- Ability to provide clear and concise proposals, reports and presentations suitable for executive level clients.
- Financial and/or analytical background, skills or training.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and constantly evolving environment.
- High school education or equivalent, higher education preferred.
Some light travel is expected with this positon as well as overtime hours around project deadlines.
Salary 69-85k based on experience. Relocation assistance and great benefits available.Apply for this position.