Project Manager (#8853) - Richardson, Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Project Manager for Immediate Hire
Our client is looking for a highly motivated construction Project Manager with 5-10years of design/build experience. The ideal candidate will have industrial and/or commercial project experience. The project manager has the overall responsibility for project performance and customer satisfaction, taking it from concept to completion. Each Project Manager has full profit and performance responsibility for his/her projects.
The project manager is responsible for controlling the flow of information on the project. This includes ensuring that the goals or objectives of a project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The PM’s role is to support and facilitate field operations. This includes monitoring and controlling contracts, submittals, construction documents, and owner and architect expectations.
• Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of a project. This includes being proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation.
• Work with the owner early in the process in order to facilitate the design process with the chosen design professionals.
• Ensure that an accurate and complete estimate for the project is prepared. Project Managers work closely with owners and the design team to develop preliminary concept drawings.
• Participate in the proposal meeting with the owner to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
• Oversee the buyout process and to selection of subcontractors.
• Conduct bi-weekly job site meetings on site.
• Coordinate with the Superintendent to ensure safety, quality control and schedule.
• Conduct progress meetings with Owners and the construction team.
• Remain cost conscious and aware of every aspect of the project at all times.
• Ability to communicate effectively with everyone involved in the project.
• BS in Construction, Engineering or related field.
• 5-10 years of design/build experience; Industrial and/or commercial project experience considered a plus.
• Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
• Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
• Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes. Make necessary changes, use customer input to make improvements, and meet/exceed internal and external customer expectations.
• Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
• Computer skills: proficiency using Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Project.
• Basic life insurance
• Short‐term disability (Exempt Employees Only)
• Long‐term disability (Exempt Employees Only)
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacations
• Education Centers
• Car dealerships
• Student Housing