Project Manager (#8673) - New Jersey
Industry: General Contractors
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Vertically Integrated Design/Build GC Seeks Project Manager
This position is responsible for preconstruction and construction project management and co-ordination of projects from inception to completion. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the client’s requirements regarding the functionality and standards are met and ensuring that that the construction project is concluded successfully by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage multiple construction projects at once.
• Participates in design-build project planning, design programming, and development of project outline specifications.
• Oversee project design team to ensure design is completed in accordance with outline specifications and overall project program.
• Responsible for management of design-build construction. Coordinates with project design team through completion of the design while projects are under construction.
• Manage construction and closeout on assigned projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule, and customer satisfaction are met.
• Prepare conceptual and detailed estimates.
• Coordinate project bidding efforts, generate scopes of work, identify long lead time items, and implement project bidding plan.
• Prepare contracts for subcontractors.
• Prepare change orders for subcontractors and clients.
• Manage submittals process to ensure materials are procured in advance of being required on site.
• Monitor, review, and control project costs.
• Participate in obtaining local municipality approvals for projects.
• Responsible for coordinating drawings, budgets, schedules, and other project-related matters with the job site superintendent.
• Complete and resolve punch list items and execute the project closeout.
• Informs supervisor on ongoing basis of assigned projects and the status of each potential project.
• Develop and maintains good working relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, internal office and field personnel.
• Assemble members of organization (construction, superintendent, clerical, engineering, cost control, and other workers) at start of project and maintain close communication with these individual throughout the course of the project.
• Manage supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
• Conduct construction activities within federal, state, and local environmental rules and regulations.
• Consistent business email monitoring every 30 minutes throughout weekday business hours beginning at least one hour before the start of the workday. After business hours on weekdays email is to be checked at least once between 7PM to 11PM responding appropriately to issues of significant importance. Weekend and holiday email monitoring a minimum of twice daily responding appropriately to issues of significant importance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is required occasionally to supervise construction personnel as well as subcontractors on behalf of the employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Engineering or Construction Management or Project Management; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent skills in written and verbal English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a formal business manner. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Scheduling Software (Project); Database Software (Access); Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Publisher Software; Contract Management Systems; Design Software (Photoshop/Illustrator); Word Processing Software (Word); and Presentation Software (PowerPoint).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver license with a good driving record and provide own transportation.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have strong interpersonal skills to support leadership, management, negotiation and problem-solving functions of this role.
Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
Detail oriented while maintaining an extremely positive attitude.
Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers
Ability to expertly and aggressively market and sell company’s brand and products.
Ability to communicate professionally with contractors, engineers, architects, outside agencies, other City departments, residents and business owners.
Skills in construction inspection work and project management.
Ability to travel to job site locations as needed.
Minimum of 3 to 5 years construction experience on commercial buildings including project management, construction, civil engineering, or related experience which must include construction inspection work and supervision of construction projects.
Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Knowledge of procedures, practices, methods, materials and equipment required to perform drainage construction projects.
General building construction from footings through MEP, all aspects of site work, demolition and retrofitting of facilities.
Parking lots, paving, road widening, sidewalks and curbing work; legal and departmental regulations relating to public works construction and contract requirement.
Basic principles of civil engineering relating to public works construction and code compliance practices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must periodically climb latters up to 40’. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may sometimes be high when on active construction site.