Project Engineer (#8818) - Northern California
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Commercial Contractor Seeks Project Engineer- Immediate Need
Project Engineer-Job Description
We are currently in need of a Project Engineer to independently perform a variety of support for major concrete projects. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, be self-motivated, with the ability to effectively prioritize work to ensure that all tasks and projects are completed on time with the utmost attention to supporting the project and project team. We offer a competitive salary ranging from $80,000- $100,000 a year, a comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to be part of a professional and enjoyable work culture.
As a Project Engineer, you will be working on-site in a fast paced construction environment independently performing a variety of support commercial concrete projects.
Your specific duties will include but are not limited to:
• Receives and distributes project design documents.
• Reviews, approves, and submits rebar shop drawings.
• Prepares concrete structure and formwork drawings for assigned projects incorporating information from project drawings, bulletins, sketches, RFI responses and shop drawings provided by other trades and coordinates drawing submittals with customers.
• Assists in the design and detailing of forming systems.
• Reviews and analyzes the project documents identifying drawing and specification conflict, insufficient information, and missing dimensions, while contributing ideas to enhance project productivity and cost efficiency.
• Coordinates deliveries, inventories, shortages and fabrication discrepancies for all reinforcing steel for assigned project
• Assists the project team in establishing the sequential steps involved in all processes with the scope of the project, and adapts schedules and work tasks accordingly.
• Works closely with the project team monitoring the safety, cost and scheduling of construction projects
• Troubleshoots and resolves concerns regarding structural design with project team.
• Contributes to the projects safety goals by reducing hazards during the design planning state ensuring that all formwork systems meet construction and safety standards.
• Assists with the development and coordination of material and equipment schedules and promotes their efficient use
• Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities.
• Prepare or revise engineering drawings, office forms, charts and similar documents as directed.
• Provides documents for engineering and construction activities.
• Develops and maintains customer relationships to enhance company’s ability to procure projects.
• Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization
As a Field Project Engineer, you must be highly organized, thorough, and detail-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, related degree
and/or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of good concrete experience including form design
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
• Detail oriented with the ability to efficiently analyze and organize significant amounts of information regarding plan layouts, material deliveries and jobsite productivities.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability to read and understand drawings.
• Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in fast paced environment.
Job Preferred Requirements:
Desired qualifications for the role include:
• AutoCAD / BIM experience utilizing Autodesk Design Suite software.
• Possess knowledge of construction field engineering from pre-construction to completion.
• Concrete estimating experience.
• Knowledgeable of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
• Knowledge of web based project management software tools for managing and tracking projects and tasks.