Manufacturing Engineer (Fabrication) (#11065) - WI
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for an engineer for their fabrication department.
- Manage major projects, including specifying, selecting, justifying and implementing capital equipment
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement projects, utilizing Value Stream Mapping, to reduce costs associates with quality issues and waste.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the strategic manufacturing plan to meet the company's business plan.
- Perform time studies and conduct process observations to develop labor standards; develop process documentation and standard operational procedures.
- Utilizing industrial engineering tools, analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and equipment layout for optimum efficiency.
- Improve work flow by studying process flow charts; recommending modifications in workflow, work stations and product.
- Develop new procedures, recommend equipment modifications and purchases.
- Support the manufacturing safety objective of reducing all injuries by participating in facility reviews, assessing ergonomic conditions, maintaining OSHA compliance, and implementing improvement projects.
- Form and lead cross-functional teams to problem-solve and implement solutions.
- Complete work improvement projects by training and guiding operators and supervisors.
- Provide technical assistance to Quality and Engineering personnel in regard to new products, processes and procedures.
- Work as a liaison between stage gate and manufacturing regarding design for manufacturing.
- Provide floor support to manufacturing on a day-to-day basis.
- Adhere to established Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all Team members.
- Participate in capital budget plans.
- Has input on and/or designs tooling and facility requirements for manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in I.E. or M.E. related field with a minimum of two years' experience preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Strong project management skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Team leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Continuous Improvement experience desired
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook)
- MRP/ERP systems