Production Supervisor- 1st shift (#9767) - Detroit, MI area
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a 1st Shift Production Supervisor for a Metal Stamping facility in the Detroit, MI area.
As Production Supervisor, you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties & Tasks
• Direct the conversion of raw materials to finished products with minimum waste and labor cost
• Establish production priorities and sequencing for manufacturing operations in order to meet the production schedule and delivery requirements
• Supervises the production department's Team Leaders, operators and material handlers.
• Participates and leads process improvement projects
• Trains new and transferred employees on their job duties and responsibilities; and cross trains as necessary.
• Ensures employees are adhering to standardized work processes
• Drives performance to plan, KPI’s performance, quality, safety and continuous improvement activities
• Implements/ Enforces Company policies
• Implements safety and good housekeeping (5’s) standards
• Works well cross functionally with other departments or work groups
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, developing employees, performing performance reviews with leadership, and providing disciplinary measuring when required.
• Review production and operating reports (KPI’s) and takes operate corrective actions when required to meet / maintain operational requirements.
• Create maintenance work orders if machines / equipment are not performing to expectations.
• Responsible for effective use of personnel, material and equipment in supporting the companies initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required
• Minimum of 5 years and automotive experience
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
• Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with all operating levels within the organization
• Working knowledge of safety standards and OSHA guidelines.
• Candidate should have good people and time management skills