Production Supervisor (#10684) - Texas
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
Industry: Plastic Injection Moldings
United Employment Group is seeking a Production Supervisor in Texas.
Production Supervisor provides leadership and supervision of hourly plant employees in the daily attainment of scheduled production plans for each assigned area (i.e. box culvert, pre-stress, pipe and wet cast). This position works together with the Plant Manager, Sales, Engineering, Production Scheduler and Production Employees to schedule and produce product to meet specifications and customer expectations. This position also supports all aspects of a safe working environment by promoting continuous improvement of plant processes and procedures in order to measure and report results. Must have experience in production, molds, equipment, timely production process, direct training, teaching and learning, safety oriented. Ability to run a small crew of production professionals (manholes, catch basins, inverts).
- Formulate daily and weekly production schedules with Plant Manager and Production Scheduler. Communicate and execute to plant employees daily.
- Ensure the necessary equipment and tools are available to execute the production plans.
- Provide suggested methods and reports to Plant Manager to optimize labor and equipment usage and to develop and implement productivity improvements and measure/report results for weekly production planning.
- Participate in development of cost improvement ideas and implement an action plan to eliminate waste.
- Champion and own Safety Action Plan processes and procedures to educate, train and confirm employees know and apply Company Safety Action Plan. Conduct weekly tool box meeting with crew.
- Prior to daily production meeting, inspect and document work areas for safety conditions, workplace organization, and production readiness and communicate corrective actions required to Plant Manager and Leads during meeting.
- Conduct root cause analysis of all accidents/near misses and make corrections immediately.
- Participate in close call and post-accident analyses with employees and implement remedial action to prevent recurrences.
- Participate in plant self-inspections and employee meetings and implement remedial actions to resolve deficiencies found in all plant, property, and equipment audits.
- Outline safety concerns and solutions to be presented at daily production meeting.
- Oversee the compliance of CCP QC program in all products manufactured.
- Ensure pre-pour/post-pour inspections are documented.
- Monitor quality pared to make production adjustments.
- Review QC testing information and make necessary corrections.
- Ensure curing controls are properly set.
- Report quality audit to plant manager.
- Oversee mix management and compliance per product.
- Perform testing and inspection methods to confirm all finished products meet general appearance, ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), AASHTO (American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials), local industry, customer, and company specifications.
- Use an in-plant reporting system to monitor raw material and finished product quality and direct workforce on remedial action to prevent problem recurrence.
- Provide leadership and create a positive work environment. These responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations. In partnership with the Plant Manager, actions include: employment decisions, performance management, training, safety, onboarding, compliance, annual objective setting and staff development, planning, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Complete the down time report data entry for the daily plant production summary.
- Check daily preventative maintenance equipment lists:
- Ensure the maintenance procedures are in compliance per department standards
- List lost time concerns and solutions to be presented at daily production meeting.
- Monitor daily overtime and drive labor improvement initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience including teambuilding, facilitation, mentoring, goal-setting and follow-through.
- Knowledge of the production process in the concrete industry (or similar manufacturing environment).
- Emotional Intelligence – Individual must be self-aware, have strong interpersonal skills, is adaptable, and able to collaborate with all levels from production employees to management level.
- Results Oriented – Has sound planning skills, knows how to execute against respective action plans, and regularly meets or exceeds target in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction, develop and lead a team, provide strategic direction, and inspire the team to achieve key goals in a timely and cost effective manner. Ability to apply problem solving techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to present oneself and communicate in a professional, positive, and courteous manner at all times with all levels of employees.
- Ability to provide clear and concise verbal instructions along with the ability to listen and ask questions to understand points made by others.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems.
- Ability to read and apply information from plans, blueprints, work instructions and equipment manuals.
- Mathematical skills and mechanical abilities to diagnose and solve problems.
- Demonstrated pattern of positive attitude, strong work ethic, and dedication.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and ability to travel 5-10 percent of the time to locations and/or meetings.