Production Supervisor (#9296) - FL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor for a facility in FL.
The Production Supervisor involves the supervision and planning of all shift personnel and production, in a fast paced plastic injection molding environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and lay out work for all shift associates.
- Provide direction and training for all shift associates .
- Provide direction and technical support for set-up maintenance associates.
- Monitor daily production, quality and machine set-ups.
- Coordinate communications between shift on machinery, mold tools and associate issues.
- Monitor and verify all Machine Operator documentation, daily.
- Assists the Molding Manager in determining Machine Operator training needs and the effectiveness of this training.
- Coordinates training activities to satisfy the established Machine Operator training needs.
- Advocate a working environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving, and ingenuity while maintaining a high ethical standard.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Participate in QS 9000 / TS 16949 and Continuous Improvement requirements.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities (Ref. 1.003.005).
- Perform other tasks as required.
Manages the Process Technician, Lead Mold Press Operators, Mold Technician, Material Handler, Packer and Mold Press Operators. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with management instructions, the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Five years related experience, specifically molding industry preferred.
- Two years in a group leader/supervisory position desired.
- Understanding of QS 9000 quality systems preferred.
- Team Oriented Problem Solving 8-D Format Training desired.
- Management Training Courses, i.e. leadership, effective communication, team building desired.
- Forklift Certification preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively with both associates and managers. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics.
Ability to be apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The associate is regularly required to stand and smell; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned building. The associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.Apply for this position.