Production Supervisor (#9061) - MI
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor for a Metal Stamping facility located in MI.
Shift: 1st and 2nd shift available
As Production Supervisor, you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Duties & Tasks:
• Direct the conversion of raw materials to finished products with minimum waste and labor cost.
• Establish production priorities and sequencing for manufacturing operations in order to meet the production schedule and delivery requirements.
• Supervises the production department's Team Leaders, machine operators, and material handlers.
• Participates and leads process improvement projects
• Trains new and transferred employees on their job duties and responsibilities; and cross trains as necessary.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, developing employees, processing employee timesheets, performing performance reviews, and providing disciplinary measuring when required.
• Implements/ Enforces Company policies.
• Responsible for effective use of personnel, material, and equipment in supporting company initiatives.
• Ensures employees are adhering to standardized metal stamping work processes.
• Drives performance to plan, KPI’s performance, quality, safety and continuous improvement activities.
• Implements safety and good housekeeping (5’s) standards.
• Works well cross functionally with other departments or work groups.
• Responsible for Review production and operating reports (KPI’s) and takes appropriate corrective actions when required to meet/maintain operational requirements.
• Create maintenance work orders if metal stamping machines/equipment are not performing to expectations.
• Keeps management informed of developments as they occur.
• Minimum 5-years supervisory experience in manufacturing
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
• Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with all operating levels within the organization
• Ability to motivate employees to facilitate the desired productivity levels.
• Ability to view and understand when jobs are not set up properly to support throughput and material flow
• Knowledge of and ability to ensure a safe industrial work environment.
• Excellent problem solving and leadership skills.
• Working knowledge of safety standards and OSHA guidelines.
• Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint