Production Manager (#9294) - FL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Production Manager for a facility in Florida.
The Production Manager coordinates the activities of all three shifts in the Molding Department. Additionally, this position organizes projects, equipment, establishes workflow and manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Provide leadership in training and developing technical personnel as needed to provide adequate support for organizations continued growth.
- Compiles, stores and retrieves production data.
- Analyze resource equipment requirements.
- Assist in request for quotes with labor budgets and manufacturing techniques.
- Directs and supervises shift Production Supervisors.
- Advocate a working environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving, and ingenuity while maintaining a high ethical standard.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Participate in QS 9000 and Continuous Improvement requirements.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities (Ref. 1.003.005).
- Perform other tasks as required.
Manages the Production Supervisors in the Molding Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with management instructions, the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Five years related experience, specifically automotive or manufacturing industry preferred.
- Two years in a group leader/supervisory position preferred.
- Team Oriented Problem Solving 8-D Format Training desired.
- Understanding of QS 9000 quality systems preferred.
- Management Training Courses, i.e. leadership, effective communication, team building preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively with both associates and managers. Ability to read, analyze and interpret basic documents.
Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics.
Ability to be apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The associate is regularly required to stand and smell; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned building. The associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.Apply for this position.