Production Foreman (#8809) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
- Assist with managing production activities in a fast paced, hard-working environment, attending daily production meetings and having a detailed game plan each day for each person.
- Coordinate responsibilities with Plant Manager and other supervisors.
- Responsible for overseeing employees’ performance, holding them accountable, and participating as needed in performance reviews on a scheduled basis.
- Ensures that all equipment is organized for proper usage.
- Works to ensure that preventative maintenance on all equipment is completed and that any necessary repairs are made as soon as possible.
- Keeps plant and facility safe, ensuring that all employees are adhering to safety policies and procedures, and reports any equipment maintenance needs as necessary.
- Ensures that plant is kept clean at all times, supervising clean up at the end of the day and making sure that all tools and equipment are put in their proper place.
- Analyzes production processes and identifies cost reduction/continuous improvement opportunities for improving efficiency, quality, safety, and maintenance.
- Supports ongoing implementation of Lean and Six Sigma Principles.
- Assists in the development and implementation of quality control standards.
- Checks all final production for adherence to production standards.
- Works with the Quality Control department to ensure all products meet specifications.
- Reviews and implements tagging standards for all finished products.
- Ensures the accuracy of all aggregates and mixes used in the daily activity.
Supervision and Training
- Assists in hiring of new production employees as needed.
- Participates in new employee training, ensuring that all are properly trained and cross-trained and that all training documentation is completed.
- Ensures that appropriate tools are being used at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining OSHA standards, with safety being our number one priority.
- Works closely with Engineering, Materials, Quality, and Human Resources to facilitate a collaborative environment.
Experience, Skills, and Education
- Four years supervisory experience in a precast production environment
- Ability to read blueprints
- Must be able to learn all operational processes
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs
- Must be able to be flexible with hours worked as needed.
- Ability to walk up and down catwalks, climb ladders and walk on equipment
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
Analytical Thinking: Ability to read architectural and commercial blueprints. Ability to do mental math quickly and calculate new formulas for improved performance. Aptitude to learn and apply new technologies.
Leadership: Able to motivate others to take personal responsibility; mobilize people to face, define, and solve problems; develop capacity of others to adapt to change; lead past status quo to achieve new levels of excellence or change. Must lead by example and promote a respectful, positive, forward moving environment, earning the respect from the team.
Motivation: Able to present information or new ideas in such a way that others get excited; use a positive approach to motivate others at any level of the organization.
Decisiveness: Able to use available information to draw a timely conclusion and take quick and timely action; make quick and timely decisions in stressful situations and when necessary.
Team Building: Able to develop team effort; confront negative attitudes to build commitment and morale; get facts with competing perspectives to learn from one another; integrate efforts and talents of team members.
Commitment / Diligence: Able to persevere in accomplishing tasks or objectives; commit to long hours of work; do everything possible to reach goals; have a sense of urgency about getting results.
Prioritizing: Able to quickly focus on what is important; establish a sequence of tasks and completion dates; set priorities and allocate time and resources when faced with competing demands. Manages time appropriately and efficiently, focusing priorities on the business, in order to achieve the goals and strategies defined by management.
Communication: Able to effectively deliver a message to employees, customers, vendors, or management team in a group or individual setting, so that it is received and understood. Being a good listener is the start of being a good communicator.
Profitability: The ability to execute these leadership qualities is an instrumental part of increasing the profitability of the company.Apply for this position.