Process Technician (#9297) - FL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Process Technician for a facility in Florida.
The Process Technician is responsible for the processing of all production and sample jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process new production jobs according to schedule.
- Perform dimensional checks of molded parts.
- Maintain all personal and company tools in a safe and working condition.
- Assist Mold Technician and Production Supervisor in other capacities when time allows.
- Record all production according to QS 9000 procedures.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Perform job safely and keep work area clean, must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Work overtime and shift work as required.
- Advocate a working environment that promotes creative thinking, problem solving, and ingenuity while maintaining a high ethical standard.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Participate in QS 9000 and Continuous Improvement requirements.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities (Ref. 1.003.005).
- Perform other tasks as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of molding processes preferred.
- Five years related manufacturing experience, plastic injection molding industry preferred.
- Forklift certification desired.
- Understanding of QS 9000 quality systems preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively with both associates and managers. Ability to read, analyze and interpret basic documents.
Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics.
Ability to be apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The associate is regularly required to stand and or smell; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned building. The associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.Apply for this position.