Process Technician (#8579) - WI
Industry: Plastic Injection Moldings
We are currently seeking a Process Technician for a Plastic Injection Molding facility located in WI.
The client is a contract manufacturer – precision metal stamping and plastic injection molding. Split is approximately 75% stamping / 25% molding. We are working to increase the molding side of the business. We’ve recently brought in several transfer programs from our former molding sister company and were awarded a medical molding program.
• “Go to” person for molding. Primary responsibilities - set up molds in presses, clean molds, develop and debug mold processes, and run molding jobs as needed.
• Prefer someone who has strong processing skills that can help develop and debug new processes and can provide input at mold design for effective use of processes – trying to grow the molding side of the business.
• Must be experienced in the use of precision measuring equipment – micrometers, calipers, optical comparators.
• Leadership Skills desirable – Potential to lead small team as molding grows. Provide direction and information to our operators who are running molding jobs.
• RJG System Certified and Dart Systems experience a big plus – we are willing to send the right person to training
• Automation – PLC’s programming, vision systems experience a plus
• Must be able to work well in a team environment in a small plant of 45 people - wiling to share knowledge with others and participate as a strong team member. There is room for growth in this positon as we grow the molding business.
• Must be committed and have a good attendance record. Right now this is a department of one and we need to be able to count on full engagement from this person.
Machines Used: 17 – 125 ton Arburg, Toyo, Engel – 8 machines
Making small precision parts – close tolerances
Medical 50% / Industrial - Automotive 50%
Types of resins – polycarbonates, nylons, engineered and glass filled resinsApply for this position.