Process Engineer (Finishing/Paint Line) (#10214) - GA
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for a process engineer in the finishing department.
This position reports directly to the Finishing Manager. Primary purpose is to insure processes are in place to provide “great” quality in our finished products providing film integrity and adhesion per AAMA specifications & customer requirements. Development of production receipts for each part for 1st time success rate; maintain control plans & audit systems for product compliance.
• Must drive a safety culture where safety is the number one priority for all employees.
• Support short and long-term goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) strategies
• Value Our People – coach, teach, and development
• Value Our Customers -- service
• Adhere to the ISO 9001 principles on quality management and ISO 14001/18001 principles on Environment & Safety
• Lead player in driving solutions for improving our finishing processes to the next level.
• Computer Information System & Technology for Paint Operations
• Provide management data analysis & reports as needed.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
• Minimum 5 years in a manufacturing environment.
• Manufacturing exposure in aluminum extrusions & finishing applications. Vertical electrostatic paint lines with wet & powder application technolgy.
• Exposure of Anodizing process a plus.
• Leadership in Quality a plus.
• BS Required; Will consider education & experience.
• Engineering &/or Chemistry background
• Vertical electrostatic paint systems with wet & powder application technolgy. AAMA specfications.
• Wet paints; Polyester, Acrylic and Kynar
• Working knowledge of manufacturing resources, paint suppliers, vendors, & validating new products.
• Strong analytical and independent decision-making skills
• Meticulous attention to detail; Strong problem-solving skills
• Lean /Continuous improvement practical applications
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, changing production atmosphere while working independently with tight schedules and adhering to the highest standards of excellence
• Operative communication skills both verbal & written. Effective leadership & presenter with a “people” & “customer” focus.
• Proficient in micro office; excel, word, powder point
• Ability to present a positive unified front to all employees, reinforcing the goals, strategies, and personal commitment of the leadership team.
• Proven record of coaching others to success in their own areas of influence.
• Team Player; Self-Starter; Adaptable to change