Process Engineer (#9275) - TX
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a process engineer.
The Process Engineer is responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices. The major emphasis in the position is the technical support of Extrusion, Anodize, and Paint equipment, tooling, work instructions, process/method definition and floor support.
- The process engineer is the link between plant engineering, production management and production personnel driving process change, process improvement and establishing best practice.
- Provide support to management and production in day to day operations through troubleshooting equipment, quality, and safety departmental concerns.
- Review existing processes, make recommendations to improve process flow and implement process improvement applying Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts.
- Assist with plant engineering or maintenance on projects involving process control, hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable controllers, compressors, and construction.
- Collaborate with departments to determine causes and cost of rejects; isolate causes and work with departments to eliminate those causes.
- Analyze statistical data and material flow to ensure process stability.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience required, preferably in aluminum extrusion processes
- Strong computer skills - high level of proficiency with AutoCAD & MS Office – their related functions & application.
- Highly skilled in Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience in problem-solving.
- Provide technical support for machines and equipment daily and on an as-needed basis including participation in tech support call-in schedule rotation.
- Extensive experience installing and utilizing statistical process control software, and upgrading processes/equipment to achieve in-control & capable.
- Strong experience with equipment reliability / computerized maintenance management software to drive world class up-time through preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, targeted engineering changes, and tailored on-hand spare parts.
- Six Sigma certification desirable.
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think outside the box – innovative in daily responsibilities as well as project work.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job.
Apply for this position.