Press Operator- all shifts (#9712) - TN
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking Press Operators (all shifts) for a Metal Stamping facility in TN.
Operates hydraulic and mechanical metal stamping press or forming press and material feeding equipment. Produces parts that meet our customer specifications. Follows the Company’s process work instructions and procedures relating to our control plans. Completes any required documentation in the Company’s ERP system. Must be willing to work in a high volume output press room.
• Responsible for equipment operation (including coil handling and loading, first piece runs, production of parts, quality checks, documentation)
• Housekeeping in and around press and straightener; keeps equipment and work area organized, free of clutter, and clean in conjunction with 5S
• Set-ups according to the set up books
• Parts and raw material quality compliant with the QC instructions in Plex
• SPC tasks as needed
• Time tracking in Plex
• Environmental Responsibilities including applying the 5S principles (sort, straighten, shine, sustain, and standardize)
• Handle paper work needed for production runs
• Responsible for following company safety rules including wearing of the required PPE and exercising safe work behavior
• Use the Company’s quality control procedures of non-conforming product to prevent defective product from reaching our customers
• Oversees and monitors work of associated parts catchers
• High School Diploma or GED required