Press Operator (#9280) - FL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking Press Operators for a Metal Stamping facility located in FL.
Stamping Press Operator is responsible for limited set ups, re-sets, all piece visual inspection and operation of stamping dies and equipment. Also be responsible for misfeeds and re-feeds and product containment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all physical and mechanical duties to keep process functioning.
• Load raw materials.
• Maintain all appropriate records, which may include production totals, maintenance performed, inventory usage, etc.
• Meet identified daily production requirements. Assure customer production requirements are met.
• Constant evaluation of processes and/or equipment to meet productivity requirements.
• Required to have press running by shift start.
• Identify, communicate process problems quickly and effectively to minimize down time.
• Responsible for completing non-conformance reports.
• Responsible for identifying and tagging all in process product.
• Perform all necessary in process requirements.
• Utilize appropriate quality assurance practices and equipment to ensure that all products conform to applicable design specifications.
• Visual inspection of product to identify process problem areas.
• Proper documentation of all quality related inspections per customer specification and/or program requirements.
• Practice good housekeeping, maintain a clean work area to minimize the risk of personal injury, equipment damage, or the manufacture of non-conforming product.
• Walk around of presses to ensure that all mechanics of machine are properly working, including air hoses, payoff, etc.
• Follow safety rules as outlined in the Associate Handbook.
• Proper use of materials and related safety equipment.
• Responsible for proper movement of product
• Work overtime and shift work as required.
• Show willingness to share acquired job skills with team.
• Participate in QS 9000, TS16949 and continuous improvement requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Two (2) years on-the-job training desired.
• Understanding of QS 9000 and TS 16949 quality systems preferred.