Preconstruction Manager (#8779) - Chattanooga Area
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
The Preconstruction Manager position manages the C2C® process prior to construction.
Corporation is one of the top General Contractors in the nation, ranked in the ENR. We are a family of construction-industry companies offering challenging career-growth opportunities. Our executives are selfless leaders who empower their employees through what we call “Servant Leadership”.
Company is experienced in all types of projects including retail, distribution centers and warehouses, office buildings, lifestyle/mixed use development, hotels/multifamily, worship centers, education, entertainment/sports, medical, parking structures, and renovations.
Our office is looking for a Preconstruction Manager.
The Preconstruction Manager position manages the C2C® process prior to construction. This includes managing the project team through the Decision, Planning, and Execution “Buyout” phases of C2C® with the aim of defining and creating value for our clients. The Preconstruction Manager establishes a high level of trust and builds relationships with the client, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Builds relationships with owners through the Ask, Listen, Think, Due process
• Leads the project team to solve problems through creative thinking and collaboration
• Provides project coordination through communication with the project team and integration of the budget
• Finds ways to add value to the project and documenting information for future use
• Prior to construction document release, prepares accurate and complete budgets based on limited and conceptual information from the project team
• Actively works with the design consultants to provide strategy development & value discovery while maintaining the owner’s vision
• Manages and participates in the site investigation, due diligence and information gathering efforts
• Coordinates leases and other project criteria with the plans, specification, budget, and master schedule
• Coordinates the efforts of the Project Manager and Superintendent to ensure that the master project schedule is complete including design, entitlement, and permitting durations
• Updates budgets to make sure that all designs are in line with the scope, schedule and budget expectation
• Analyzes proposed building systems for their appropriateness to the prescribed use and look for a “better way” in order to provide value to the client
• Produces, collects, and distributes preconstruction RFI’s
• Bids solicitation with local sub-contractors, suppliers, and trade groups (Blue Book, Bid Mails, Bush Beating, etc.)
• Prepares job specific strategy to maximize value for the client through detailed instructions to bidders and bid forms
• Produces accurate and thorough takeoffs
• Plans, leads, and coordinates pre-bid and bid meetings
• Creates project estimates analysis of subcontractor and supplier bids
• Qualifies prospective subcontractors and suppliers
• Conducts post-bid and pre-buy meetings
• Conducts negotiation/scope review meetings
• Writes Subcontracts, Purchase Orders and Owner Contracts and are responsible for follow-up until executed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related area
• Minimum 3-5 years related construction experience
• Specialized skills and expertise in areas such as: LEED, Building Codes, Plans and Specifications, Entitlements, Due Diligence, Tenant Coordination
• Ability to analyze soils information and other project information critical to estimating and construction
• Working knowledge of building systems, site work, engineering principles and construction costs