Precast Foreman (#9225) - Louisiana
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
We are currently seeking a Precast Foreman.
Work as a hands-on Foreman in the construction, erection, repair and modification of precast concrete structures; work with wood, metal and/or concrete materials using a variety of hand and power tools.
Precast Concrete Foreman work involves any combination of duties and responsibilities that include:
- Train new employees and assign employees to crew duties.
- Organize crew and make sure they are doing quality work.
- Work with Plant Manager and Plant Superintendent to schedule manpower needs; scheduling manpower to avoid unauthorized overtime.
- Verify crew employees are arriving to work and leaving on time each day.
- Read blueprints, sketches and follow oral instructions.
- Measure distances, direct gates setting and block outs as required by layout and plans.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment of machinery.
- Conduct weekly ‘toolbox topic’ safety meetings; make sure employees are working safely and following all established safety policies.
- Drive mixer trucks, cranes, loaders and other equipment; work as carpenter and/or laborer as needed.
- As needed order materials and write Purchase Orders.
- Recommend pay increase, discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned by Plant Manager/Plant Superintendent