Fabrication Manager (#9179) - AZ
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a fabrication manager.
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager. This position is responsible for general supervision of all phases of the Fabrication Center including; safety, production, quality control, maintenance receiving and shipping. They will work closely with the production team to increase safety, productivity and profitability within the fabrication manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrate an unequaled passion for safety, and work closely with the EHS Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for all employees.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established production schedules to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Maintain Inventory levels and control flow of product from the extrusion plants
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment working with the Genesis Team
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a passion for safety
- Abides by company rules, policies and procedures
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority
- 7 + years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, to drive improvement.
- Proficiency with leading office software programs (i.e. , Excel, Word and Access).
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and application associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Management/Operations or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years in a manufacturing environment
Salary 90-100k. Relocation assistance available.Apply for this position.