Plant/Production Manager (#9593) - Southwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
A Plant/Production Manager is needed at a PCI Certified plant in the Southwest!
The Plant Manager oversees all aspects of producing architectural and structural precast and prestressed concrete products.
- Maintain an effective housekeeping program to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Accountable for the successful execution of each project, meeting time and budget goals.
- Work with department managers and executives to plan and schedule production operations. Communicate production schedules and related information to department supervisors and other leadership.
- Read drawings and production schedules to ensure materials and other resources are in place and projects start on time.
- Oversee inventory of plant materials and maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Conduct research and development of processes and strategies as needed.
- Ensure that all aspects of quality are in accordance with PCI standards and the Quality Standards Manual.
- Design and implement training programs for all plant personnel.
- Participate in hiring, discipline, and other personnel matters as needed.
- Work with sales, safety, engineering, drafting, shipping, and project managers to troubleshoot problems and provide the customer with high quality products and service.
- Track and report production data.
- Perform plant tours for general contractors, architects, and others.
- Be a hands-on manager with daily presence in the production areas.
- Be a driver of continuous process improvement.
- Comply with and enforce all company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- College Degree
- (4) Years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Proficient in reading precast production drawings
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (oral and written), the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and forecast.
- Ability to meet attendance requirements with dependability and consistency.
- Strong attention to detail.