Plant Operations Manager (#9532) - FL
A metal fabrication manufacturing plant is looking for a bilingual operations manager.
Summary of Functions:
Direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs and coordinates activities of the production shop floor to increase through put and maximize output.
• Responds to related production problems and pursues and implements remedies to correct those problems
• Follows production and company objectives to direct departments through subordinate supervisors.
• Maintains a continuous review of schedules, methods, standards or other production factors and makes effective recommendations for changes to improve quality and reduce labor cost.
• Follows progress of production, anticipates or investigates major causes of delays, and ensures corrective action is taken.
• Assumes responsibility for costs, methods, operations quality, and quantity of production.
• Manages the activities of production, shipping, receiving, maintenance, and safety.
• Must have a bachelor degree or at least 5 years of senior supervisory experience.
• Implement procedures and provide guidance to ensure customer orders and schedules are followed to meet on-time deliveries.
• Develops and implements operating systems and procedures for the department under their direct control that meet company directives.
• Researches complex problems obtaining necessary information from policies, procedures,, practices and discusses them with the appropriate personnel to come to a resolution favorable for the Company and the Customer.
• Determines best method to resolve problems ensuring internal and external Customer satisfaction and adherence to Company policies are met.
• Provides guidance, training and instructions to all direct reports.
• Must have thorough knowledge of company products and excellent communication skills.
• Must understand and follow all safety regulations and policies.
• Must show initiative to learn and apply new skills.
• Must be able to learn and follow procedures and S.O.P.’s.
• Any other duties that may be assigned
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
• Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
• Must be able to improve working conditions (safety, quality, productivity, cost) and increase subordinates' skills and capabilities.
• Must prepare activity plans for the above and discuss them with manager.
Essential Skills and Experience
1. Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
2. Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
3. Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
4. Employee training and development.
5. Measurement of performance to goals and standards.
6. An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
7. Systems and continuous improvement orientation/lean systems.
8. Quality orientation and attention to detail.
9. Problem analysis and resolution.
10. Inventory management.
11. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
12. An ability to manage multiple priorities.
13. Strong team player.
14. Ability to read and write English.
15. Mechanically inclined.
16. Understand basic metal fabrication development layouts, assembly components, hardware attachments, welding symbols and procedures, and machining practices.
17. Ensure Compliance With Company Policies and Procedures.
18. 5+ years experience in a fabrication/manufacturing environment.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
1. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
2. Quality management.
3. Lean Manufacturing
4. Problem solving and Data collection
5. Kaizen training and work environments.
6. Safe work environments.
7. Computer literacy.
8. Follow written and verbal instructions.
9. Self motivated and a Team player