Plant Manager (#9534) - Florida
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
We're searching for a Plant Manager.
The primary responsibility of this position is to directly supervise and participate in all aspects of the daily operation of the plant, including but not limited to: operations, maintenance, production, inventory control, safety, environmental compliance and supervision of plant employees.
- Schedule production based on inventory and sales needs.
- Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customer's expectations regarding quality and service.
- Coordinate the plant preventative maintenance program. Maintain plant in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically.
- Schedule all plant wage employees and coordinate changes when necessary.
- Ensure that employees are working efficiently and consistently with company policies and guidelines.
- Perform monthly inventory, adjustments, and allocations to other facilities.
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of paperwork resulting from daily business.
- Screen wage employment applications, schedule, and conduct interviews.
- Finalize paperwork for all new hires, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
- Schedule and conduct monthly safety meetings, coordinate and maintain lock out / tag out training, and supervise all new hire safety training.
- Organize and maintain a file that supports proper documentation of all safety training.
- Ensure that a safe workplace is maintained, based on company policies and OSHA guidelines. Ensure that operation remains in compliance with all applicable environmental standards.
- Handle all required reporting accurately and timely.
- Coordinate the technical training of all plant wage employees and schedule accordingly.
- Maintain good working relationships with co-workers and outside agencies' personnel.
- Communicate with Area and General Manager on all aspects of plant operations.
- Review monthly financial reports for assigned responsibilities and provide explanations on the variances to the budget.
Positive interaction required with other departments.
- High School Diploma equivalency required; college degree preferrerd.
- Minimum of 10 years prior experience in a supervisory position in a concrete plant in the block manufacturing industry required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinker who understands P&L and business planning.
- Demonstrates the ability to inspire and develop, build unity and facilitate cooperation, provide solutions and deliver results, and envision and implement change.