Plant Manager (#9374) - Illinois
A Forging facility is looking for a Plant Manager.
** Previous experience in Hot Forging is strongly preferred. Candidates with experience in Casting or Metal Stamping will also be considered. **
Position is responsible for directing and managing the operations of plant production and developing processes for maximizing productivity, quality, and safety.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, coordinate, direct work and provide leadership to direct reports.
- Review day-to-day departmental operations to ensure compliance with goals, authorize overtime, and control costs.
- Review proposed changes to work methods.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the manufacturing processes and technologies to support zero defects, ensure on-time delivery, and cost competitiveness.
- Coordinate newly designed tooling to effectively achieve the introduction of new products in a timely manner.
- Manage continuous improvement processes to achieve consistent improvements in key operating metrics and ensure improvement processes are sustainable, accepted, and followed.
- Ensure planning systems are coordinated to exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure on-time delivery and quality objectives are met and take timely corrective action when goals are not achieved.
- Analyze slow-moving surplus inventory and recommend appropriate action.
- Provide leadership and training to direct reports to allow them to lead, coach and mentor their direct reports.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing processes and develop methods to reduce waste and reduce costs.
- Lead plant safety efforts by actively managing all aspects of the safety and health programs and encourage and reinforce active involvement of production personnel throughout the safety system process.
- Maintain and foster a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization by utilizing and reinforcing a team approach to develop plant synergies and modeling appropriate behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Maintain corporate standards in appearance of plant and property.
- Ensure working environment is organized, clean, well lit, and presentable at a high level.
- Assure accountability and discipline within the plant.
- Protect company employees, assets, environment, and community.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree and 10+ years of plant / general management experience in a job shop production environment with technical / engineered products that require conversion of raw material into an engineered finished product.
- Experience in material flow and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Track record of reducing the cost of goods sold.
- An understanding of the financial aspects of product and facility profitability.
- Experience working in a union and non-union environment.
- Previous strategic planning experience, organizational goal setting, and mentoring subordinates.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, MRP systems, and other resources.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills to develop an effective team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Professionalism and positive attitude is a must.
- Self-motivated, self-starter.
- Ability to be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments which may include exposure to extreme heat, humidity, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, loud noise, and all weather conditions.