Plant Manager (#9168)
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Plant Manager needed for the managing, planning and coordination of the production operations and work activities of a Precast Concrete Plant.
• Oversee Production Manager: Who is responsible for production of Double Ts, Walls, Stairs, Columns, Spandrels, & Architectural Concrete Products to ensure high quality turn out at or below estimate. Special Projects- which includes Steel Fabrication of special forms and equipment. Responsible for design and planning input, cost budget and supervisor over fabrication. Carpenter Shop – Construct, Erect, Install, and Repair Wood Structures.
• Oversee Transportation Manager: Who is responsible for Loading/Storing/Stripping - Plan, organize and improve existing storing facilities to optimize the yards lay out to provide a more efficient handling of products. Responsible for the coordination of the stripping crew to include the stripping and storage of daily production. This includes assigning areas for storage of each type of product.
• Oversee Material Manager: which includes Steel Shop - the production of plates, assemblies and rebar fabrication. Tool Room - Responsible for managing inventory according to our production needs, assure that tools are kept in good working conditions.
• Dry Finishing: Supervise operations that include: Sand Blasting, Exposed Aggregate, Acid, Etch, Structural Repairs, Fixes etc. Coordinate with Engineering Department to find solutions for fixes related problems. Responsible for the final approval of products.
• Batch Plant: Responsible for quality and efficient operation of Batch Plant. Maintains relationships with cement, aggregate, and admixture suppliers. Trouble Shoot Issues
• Responsible for labor efficiency, budgeting, and cost control.
• Maintaining compliance with PCI Standards in all areas.
• Plans and assigns work, coordinates training of employees, and has authority for hiring, termination, discipline, and performance decisions.
• Enforce Employment, Safety and Company Policies. Work closely with Safety & HR department for compliance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Leadership, time management and project management skills required.
• Problem solving and Conflict Resolution Skills required
• Ability to interact with all levels of Management
• Computer Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• College Degree Required or 15 Years of related experience will be considered in place of degree
• Minimum 5 years experience in the Construction Industry
• Minimum 5 years experience in Precast Concrete
• Must be able to perform general office administrative activities
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.